Wednesday, March 2, 2011

How BIG Is His Ego?


       No one has ever said that Chris Christie was a shrinking violet, but nevertheless nothing prepared us for the incredible hubris he displayed in his recent interview with The National Review. After turning aside the questions about a White House run and stating time and time again that he was not interested in running, he still surprised most people when he told a reporter,

"I have people calling me and saying to me, 'Let me explain to you how you could win.' 

 And I’m like, 'You’re barking up the wrong tree. 

 I already know I could win.' That's not the issue.”





    This is The National Review headline for that article:
Gov. Chris Christie said He Knows He Could Win the White House if He ran for President next year.

    Not since George W. Bush has there been such a display of political arrogance and ignorance, from a man who has held elective office for just over one year.   And barely won the gubernatorial race, despite running against an incumbent who would have lost to Anybody But Jon Corzine.
   Digging deeper in another, related National Review article we learn,


I have a Google alert on myself. Who doesn’t?” he asks. 
“I’m well aware of it, I’m well aware of all the stuff. My temperament is off, I’m too fat, I’m too abrasive, I shoot from the hip, I read all of it. 
Some of it’s right, but that’s okay. Nobody sold me as perfect, I have my faults also. 
But I think people from New Jersey generally look at me and say “‘He’s one of us.’”


Res Ipsa Loquitor (2-28-2011)








No comments:

Post a Comment